To provide the knowledge and skills required to produce enterprise dashboards using the basic features of Tableau Desktop.
Anyone responsible for analyzing data or producing management dashboards.
Basic knowledge of data analysis and computing.
- Connecting to sources of data, and the organization of data
- Creating views and exploring data
- Filters, Pages, default properties, the "Show Me" option
- Creating maps (geographic roles)
- Calculated fields, rapid table calculations, grouping and sets
- Double axes and overview of options for axes
- Organizing views in a dashboard
- Integrating functionality (interactions, actions)
- Story Points (reports)
- Sharing a dashboard
The course is presented with the most recent version of Tableau Desktop, but most of the features are generally available in earlier versions. New features are flagged.