To provide the knowledge and skills required to make effective use of advanced features of Tableau Desktop in an enterprise context where more complex analyses of data are required.
Users familiar with the basic features of Tableau Desktop.
Knowledge of the basic concepts of Tableau Desktop (Course GE344) or equivalent experience.
- Using multiple connections, grouping and Data Blending
- Explanation of the TDE, TDS, TDSX, TWB, TWBX and TBM extensions
- The power of extractions and data aggregations
- Integrating parameters into views, calculated fields sets, reference lines and filters
- The order of operations: context filters, regular filters, creation of sets, hidden data (SIZE, INDEX, TOTAL), level of detail expressions (LOD)
- Advanced graphics: Gantt charts, Heat Maps, Pareto, Sparklines, Box And Whiskers plots, polygons, distributed references
- Advanced table calculations, FIXED versus INCLUDE/EXCLUDE level of detail expressions
- Handling exceptions (missing or null values)
- Forecasting and trendlines
- Best practices in designing dashboards
The course is presented with the most recent version of Tableau Desktop, but most of the features are generally available in earlier versions. New features are flagged.