To provide the knowledge and skills required to prepare and successfully conduct negotiations.
Any person whose work mandate includes negotiation.
- The success equation: the 4 Ps (preparation, precision, perception and perseverance), plus the 4 Cs (consistency, communication, contact with myself and contact with others) equal E (effectiveness)
- Types of negotiation: conflict, cooperation and sales-oriented
- Identifying oneself as a negotiator: style, strengths, traps to avoid
- Negotiator styles: dictator, thinker, goal-oriented, visionary
- Knowledge of self and others: identifying the other person's profile and the strategies that can be used to adapt to this profile
- Preparation: 3 Ds (desire, data and doubt)
- Five key elements in strategic preparation: interests, options, criteria, alternative solutions and proposals
- Preparing for negotiating as a team
- Concessions: what and when
- Communication: strategies and techniques
- Analyzing non-verbal reactions: how to adjust one's approach
- Reaching an agreement: signs that the other party is ready to commit, and traps to avoid
- A practice negotiation
- The negotiator's tool kit
This course provides useful tools for negotiation and building relationships with others.
Philippe L. / Ingénieur méthodes, Safran Systèmes d'Atterrissage Canada Inc.