Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to apply the legal requirements of human resource management within their businesses.
Anyone who works in non-unionized environments and is called upon to manage employees but does not have training in human resources.
This course is intended for those who do not have HR training but who are nonetheless responsible for managing personnel within their company. Using case studies and situation simulations, participants will be called upon to make various decisions in authentic contexts.
- Human rights laws
- Labour standards
- Occupational health and safety laws
- Pay equity
- Job posting and hiring interviews
- Employee files
- Obligations of employers and employees
- Work/family balance
- Absence management
- Workplace harassment
- Unit 1 – Job posting: identifying elements that contravene the legal framework in job descriptions.
- Unit 2 – Hiring interviews: identifying discriminatory elements to avoid during interviews.
- Unit 3 – Employee files: evaluating the relevance of documents to include in employee files.
- Unit 4 – Obligations of employers and employees: explaining the obligations of employers as well as those of employees.
- Unit 5 – Absence management: applying legal obligations to employee absences.
- Unit 6 – Psychological harassment: implementing workplace regulations and mechanisms to prevent harassment and put an end to it when it does occur.
- Unit 7 – Salary and legal pecuniary damages: planning to ensure equitable employee salaries.
- Unit 8 – Employment termination: terminating an employee in accordance with existing regulations.
Case studies and discussions