To provide the knowledge and skills required to use DAX expressions to resolve a wide range of analytical and data modeling issues.
Professionals who use Power Pivot and/or Power BI Desktop to analyze data and wish to create dynamic, high-performance dashboards.
Experience with Power BI.
- Getting started with DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- Basics of data modeling
- What is DAX
- Creating calculated columns
- Navigation functions
- Conditional and logical functions
- Creating calculated measures
- Time Intelligence
- Time intelligence functions
- Using X functions and A functions
- Table functions
- DAX as a query language
- Using variables
- What is filter context?
- Using filter context (CALCULATE, substituting filter contexts, FILTER, ALL, ALLEXCEPT)
- CALCULATE and time intelligence (YTD, MTD,12 month rolling average, 3 month rolling average)
- Semi additive measures
- Overview of row context and transition context
- Using iterator functions
- Nested row context
- Managing errors
- Implementing basic security
- Dynamic security
- Role playing dimensions (importing several tables)
- Role playing dimensions (USERELATIONSHIP)
- Advanced DAX functions (CONTAINS, FIND, SEARCH, SUBSTITUTE, ALLSELECTED, RANKX)