To provide the knowledge and skills required to understand the main elements of the Lean philosophy, the Six Sigma approach and its impact on management and operations as well as on the development of human resources.
- Introduction to Lean, with a brief history
- Introduction to the main elements: tools, management and culture
- Overview of Toyota's management model
- Introduction to Six Sigma and the DMAIC improvement methodology
- Process simulation exercises aimed at understanding the notions of flow in a process
- Exercises involving a process simulation in order to try out and evaluate ideas for improvement