To provide the knowledge and skills required to understand the main elements of the BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) standard and to produce business process models in Visio.
Analysts, managers, business process designers, business architects and IT professionals.
- Introduction to the concepts of management by process (BPM- Business Process Management)
- Overview of the features of the BPMN 2.0 standard
- Conventions for modeling processes
- Orchestration and collaboration diagrams
- Exercises and practical examples of modeling various types of processes
- Overview of Visio interface: menus, functions, templates and useful mapping shapes
- Overview of useful Visio functions: connecting shapes, modifying shapes, creating templates, use of shape data and relationship between shapes, layout and printing
- Tips and tricks for working quickly and using a structured mapping approach.
This course is presented using the 2013 Professional version. Students are asked to bring personal business mapping examples to class to help target their learning needs.
This training provides the basics for future certification in the BPMN 2.0 standard.