To provide the skills and knowledge needed to identify the various components of communication in order become a better communicator, and thereby ensure more effective and pleasant discussions.
- The benefits of communication
- The various components of communication
- Defining your communication style
- The role perception plays in communication
- Practicing active listening
- Filters that hinder communication
- Words with impact
- Body language and its influence
- How to plan for better communication
- How to make requests, provide feedback and receive feedback
- Questions you should ask, and those you need to avoid
- The importance of silence
- Respecting distances
- Communication techniques for different situations: conflicts, bad news, phone calls, etc.
- Learning how to say no tactfully and without hesitation
- Creating the right environment for easy communication
Everyone should apply these concepts to help ensure better communication.
Thierry B. / Compliance Oversight, Défense nationale et les Forces armées canadiennes