To provide the knowledge and skills required to better handle the quantity of work-related documents and emails by increasing your reading speed and improving your comprehension and retention of information.
- Definition and origin of speed reading
- Myths associated with speed reading
- Evaluating your reading speed
- Common problems and how to get around them
- How the eye and the brain work together: the eye transmits, the brain decodes
- Techniques and exercises for transmitting and decoding more rapidly
- Strategies for reading: searching for information, determining the essentials, getting an overall view and assimilation of important points
- Strategies for reading on screen, on tablets, and in newspapers and magazines
- Managing documents to be read and emails
- Three levels of memory: perceptive, short term and long term
- Memory and reactivating information
Open up you mind to many great opportunities of improvement.
Louise P. / Directrice, Systèmes d'information au détail, Métro Richelieu Inc.