To provide the knowledge and skills required to identify, understand and manage the steps that are crucial to a successful transition towards a supervisory/management position. Identify the potential traps to avoid and tools to use.
Anyone who has been promoted to a higher level in which they will be called upon to supervise and manage personnel.
- Before saying yes: the two sides of the coin - people often only see the good and ignore potential disadvantages. “Am I ready?” A self-evaluation survey.
- The profile of required skills: relationship and political techniques
- After saying yes: managing your own expectations as well as those of your superior, colleagues and team; grieving what you have left behind and handling resistance
- Making your mark in the first few months
- Evolving from incompetence to excellence: why the skills that got you promoted may not be those that you need to succeed in your new job
- Building credibility: establishing values, managing by example, listening and supporting
- Managerial courage: definition and characteristics
- Building a network
- Identifying the influential members of the team
- Playing power games: how to recognize and thwart manipulation
- Developing a vision and a mission
- The stages of change: observe, diagnose, plan, communicate, implement and support
- Fifteen critical errors to avoid
- Tool kit
Relevant content and examples, the course is captivating and the trainer knows what they talk about.
Mylène D. / Conseillère à la gestion de la production et graphiste-conceptrice, Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec